Jan 13, 2008

The ULTIMATE find!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First up today was the Bay Run, hey you have to EARN a Gelatti babe! Then we went to the markets and a bit of shopping. I found these...

AHHHHHHHHHHH now how many have I watched get thrown out???????? Apart from half of my childhood spent in the country, my first love 'real' love was Shearer... ANYWAY, I thought (daydreamed) about them ages ago for a bit of assemblage as I remember the shape is really interesting, but the price is OUTRAGEOUS now so left it. (Usually around $30 EACH)... BUT TODAY...There they where on the end of a table, I asked the stall holder how much... he said $5... I started sorting out which two I would take... he said... "NO NO $5 for THE LOT"... OMG!!!!!!! YES I asked him if he was sure and I was happy to pay a bit more... he told me he was happy to let them go to someone who knew what they where and seemed so thrilled to find them... OK I did then buy a few other things from him to make up for my ultimate bargain. This cute Singer tin (which is rather cool as on the Bay Run, we bumped into a meeting of the Singer Car Club on Dobroyd Point and met a VERY interesting guy who told us all about Singer Cars, VERY GROOVY cars!
And this nice old tin and some interesting old spoons etc that have me thinking... OK I have read the new Somerset Studio and I LOVE the altered cutlery! :)

No comments: