Oct 22, 2008

Art Journals - Hike Balmoral to Taronga 1

My art journals are usually pretty simple and I guess somehow resemble scrapbooks as I love photography. I keep a series on my hikes. Every weekend... just about... I do a fairly long hike somewhere in Sydney. I take a million photos and keep journals of them along with sketches and stories about the places and people I discover along the way. The page above features a map of the walk. The pages above depict the old Army buildings at Mosman that are now used in an Artist-in-residency program. Now THAT'S what I call a studio! The views are of Sydney Harbour. A map and information about this walk, Taronga Zoo to Balmoral, is here. If you visit Sydney it is an absolute MUST do walk. The very best views of the city... bushwalking... harbour beaches... secluded bays.

No comments: