Oct 17, 2008

New Book...New Book!

I'm so in love with this one...

Brilliant journal prompts... interesting, well explained techniques along with a nice flowing overview of the art form. I already journal but feel, at times, a little jaded on where to take my subjects and feel repetitive. As I'm more comfortable presenting my ideas and narrative visually I have found this book leading me to journal with more meaning not only in my text, but in my selection of subject matter. It's not all deep and naval gazing either! I love the concept of 100 Versions... taking a simple object and recording it 100 times. The goal is not reaching 100 but examining the object in as many different ways, settings and media as possible. You really get loads of fun in exploration with that one. Along with my everyday journaling, I have been working on journaling my urban hikes around Sydney at present and have been really fueled with ideas from True Vision. I will start sharing these pages this weekend.

No comments: