Oct 27, 2008

May You Always Have Home in Your Heart

Completed commission... I really loved putting this piece together. "May You Always have Home in your Heart"... assemblage pendant: Kyanite crystal, silver wire, key charm, fresh water pearls, seashell (from Manly Beach), silver feathers (old earrings), silk ribbon (changeable) To give you an idea of my commission process, my client provided me with just the crystal... I found the rest of the pieces. I know she loves wings and have a fair idea of what appeals to her in my other work. She is travelling overseas for three months and wanted something 'different'. This piece symbolizes the adventure she is about to undertake (the wings) and the comfort of home (the key) and family (the tiny nest). The shell I found on Manly Beach, which is in her home area.

1 comment:

Kelly Kilmer said...

You do gorgeous work!!!