Nov 1, 2008

The Entry

Well it's in.
Out there.
Submitted.
All I can do is sit back and wait.
Yesterday I polished my submission for the Willoughby Sculpture Prize and took it in. The announcement of finalists is the 5th December. Yes long wait! :) Oh well they get a lot of entries and it would be a pretty long process to sort.
I was so excited as this years' theme is "Reuse, Recycle, Reduce and Rethink" so it really felt tailor made to me. My entry will be the largest piece I've ever made, an interactive, site specific series of three large assemblages. I'm SO excited about them and will make them even if I don't make the cut for this years' prize.
I also submitted a proposal for a Childrens' Workshop. They are offering those and although didn't ask for submissions, decided to take the initiative and just go for it. Who knows? I really do miss teaching. It's so exhilarating watching the excitement grow in your students for something you love doing. Anyway I wrote a workshop that will recreate my style in a simplified way and give the kids something to springboard off while re-enforcing the theme of the Prize.
If I get in... I will blog my progress. I am set up to do video too now SO I'm going to make this a little adventure. I've already started an art journal of the process and will start sharing too.

No comments: