Nov 10, 2008

Fabulous Eggs - Sydney

I've been wanting to combine my little assemblages into my collage canvas work and here's result number one.
The canvas is 8 x 10 inches
Here's a quick version of what I've done...
assemblage egg: paper cast egg, adhesives, acrylic mediums, paint, butterfly brooch, angel earring, filigree earring, teaspoon.
canvas: 10 x 8 inches... first I cut a hole in canvas and fitted a small box to underside. Covered front of canvas and the hole with gesso and scribbled words into it while wet. Once dried I painted with a pale yellow, let dry, then blue. I wiped across canvas with a cloth to revel writing. I stencilled a bird on with a dark blue then painted and distressed work with copper metallic paint and dry brush titanium white.
Have a peaceful day... :)

No comments: