Nov 1, 2008

Sculpture By The Sea

Another year over... my number one arty 'thing' is Sculpture By The Sea. Never miss it... ok I DID when I was living in the USA, but only then! The walk from Bondi to Tamarama, the sun, sand, sea and Sculpture, what else could you ask for? All my fav things together.
Paul, Maddison and Gypsy on Tamarama Beach
and Paul and me below... we thought they looked like diving helmets
phenotype - Tim Wetherell
but as always VERY inspiring... in fact I have gotten my project underway TODAY... came home with site photos an idea AND loads of sketches... Sculpture By the Sea 2009 here we come!!!!!!!!

BUT here are some favs from this year...

mongrel country-nil tenure - Amanda Stuart

Love this one, the textures that she achieved and the movement of the chase where amazing.

revelation II-strata - Kath Podger

beautiful peaceful work... these where scattered along the cliff faces. I really liked the way they worked with the light.

waiting - Andy Townsend & Suzie Bleach

What can I say? assemblage animals! yeah awesome!!!!!!

No comments: